Controls Engineer – Full-Time (Work from Home)
Robo Doodle Corp is a leading solution provider of design and development of industrial components as well as innovative mechanical and robotic system design, build and manufacturing. With over 7+ years years of combined industry experience, Robo Doodle Corp strength lies in its knowledgeable and experienced staff to design & install unique industrial automation hardware and software solutions solving difficult industry problems. We also offers design assistance in different CAD and CAE platforms and web solutions . We are a manufacturer of key components in robotic systems in paint, sealing and material handling. As well as a premiere distributor of Robo Doodle customized parts and assemblies for emerging industries. Thus, paired with Robo Doodle Corp. ability to provide a comprehensive blend of superior technology and customized product designs to boost performance, functionality and productivity is a unique formula for success.
As a Controls Engineer, you will thrive on the challenges of servicing customers and providing solutions to meet their needs. Your duties and responsibilities will contribute to Robo Doodle business goals by utilizing your strong technical capabilities to:
- Design, apply and validate controls system to allow the specified functionality of machine control.
- Review and approve mechanical/electrical drawings (ACAD) and customer and product specifications.
- Apply best practices in design and documentation including schematics and spare parts for new and existing equipment.
- Program, configure and design (Siemens, Schneider, Omron or AB Control Logix an asset)
- Commission and analyze various PLC and electric interface problems.
- Debug and start up PLC systems. (knowledge of Robots, CNC, Vision Systems, Fasteners would be an asset)
- Build process, mechanic, pneumatic, hydraulic controls.
- Understand or develop machining and assembly processes.
- Use industrial networks (Ethernet, Modbus, TCPIP, Profinet)
- Read and follow design specifications
Some of the benefits we offer
- A Chill Start-Up Vibe: While no longer a start-up, we’re still a small to medium sized team that’s building this together and moving fast.
- Fully remote position: Although we’re located in Southern Ontario, we are a fully remote team, so no wasting time on commuting!
- We’re a small team, but growing fast: If you’re looking to join a small, close-knit team with a great company culture, this position is for you.
- Great work-life balance: No working long hours or weekends, a work culture that respects our team’s free time and life outside of work.
Collaborating with cross-functional team members and assisting others in meeting customers’ needs is a priority. Excellent verbal and written communications skills are needed for knowledge transfer of the controls system to others, promoting value-added service to customers and complete operating, process, maintenance, trouble shooting and spare parts documentation as required.
Robo Doodle offers you an inclusive professional working environment, excellent wages commensurate with experience as well as a competitive benefit package. If you are looking to be a large part of a results driven, collaborative & innovative organization, we’d love to hear from you!
Job Type: Full-time (Work from Home)
Education: Technical Post-Secondary degree or diploma in Electrical Engineering / Technology / Mechatronics / Industrial Automation
Experience: 1+ Years; Automotive sector an asset
Salary: Good pay + Equity (0-2%) + Business class Travel allowances
For any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org